August 20, 2014

All sorts of layers of flavors in this sauce-ay.

Roberta DeCarlo, www.rockyshotsauce.com
It's like a full course meal of flavors- kind of like Willy Wonka's "gob stoppers"...

The medical school is fixing my computer today, changing my IP, my passwords don't work. I was left with no choice, but to leave early after speaking with a couple handfuls of patients in the Oncology unit at Penn hospital. Beth, if you are reading this I promise I worked very hard today! Considering that I speak with people about how they want to die for most of the day, I usually look for a replenishing something to do after my day.

I'm a foodie, so I shop for food. So many things about Whole Foods make me feel happy. They deliver to my house, it smells delicious and healthy inside, such a wonderful combination. There are always so many smiling faces and aisles plush with people who genuinely care about their health and the world around them. It creates a vibe throughout the store. I heard they got bad press recently and so many are always discussing how overpriced they can be. Maybe they are charging a surplus for the joy and aroma oozing throughout. I personally only shop at WF for butter, for example, to get the best deal. The power of supply and demand is relevant here regarding price. I get the huffing and puffing about the cleanliness of the foods. People are dying from toxic food. Hence, the value and ingredients are a life and death matter for some shoppers.

Another perk to perusing the grocery aisles are the samples. I once entered to pick up lunch and left the store full without yet having spent a dime. Crab salads, burgers, veggie scewers and an adorablely bubbly chef that frequents the store serving up her plenty. She holds cooking classes for kids every Tuesday, at the store. Her and a former employee Joy cooked up the idea. I also met Maria Lee, who battled blindness and now frequents the red carpets with her secrets in Shea butter. A total boy next door, as demure as anything, Brandon, who battles baby brain cancers with his recipes and today I met a new hot sauce story.

Rocky's Hot Sauce a local culinary treat. Roberta DeCarlo was at a restaurant and asked for the ingredients to a sauce she was super impressed with. At first, she was not given the recipe, "It's top secret miss, I'm sorry."  Later to her surprise, the chef had an argument with the owner, as he was storming out of the place he whispered the recipe into Roberta's ear. Roberta later went home and played with those ingredients, today that experience yields Rocky's Hot Sauce.

I'm not a hot sauce person necessarily, but recently I was looking for it when a recipe I call, "Tarzan's Catfish" called for it. The bottle I chose did not have nearly the flavors and layers that this sauce has. I wouldn't normally be raving about a hot sauce when I use it maybe once a year, or twice. But at first bite, there are an array of flavors garlic, subtle seasonings of sweet, sour, spicey and bitter varieties and then moments later you get to feel a dangerous, but friendly bit of fire. It's a surprising twist it has character. I'd recommend it. Try it! I could doctor that review up, but take my word for it on this tiresome hump day blog post. It's freakin' yummy, interesting and makes you get all curious like,
"what is that, why is that so good, how did you make the hotness of the hot sauce delay its arrival?" I saw a lot of faces agree, asking for seconds at the sampler table takes courage and that was happening a lot. The dude with the shades could not resist, the little lady with her toddler squealing for chocolate in the background took time to take another bite. Something intoxicating about this sauce, I mean it. the humble Roberta aims to please.

"Tarzan's catfish recipe"
A pinch of hot sauce black pepper garlic Pepper Rica hehe melted butter in a bowl Mix alll together probably a full stick dip the catfish in the butter creation and throw it in a hot skillet coated with whatever you want olive oil sunflower cranola organic of course whatever yummy delicious

By SKG 8-20-14
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mazey Lotus Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig